Member of the Paris Bar and Managing Partner of Komon Avocats
Educated as a litigator in several French and international leading law firms, Wissam has acquired over the years a genuine legal expertise in international arbitration and complex high-stakes business litigations.
He mainly represents clients in commercial, institutional and ad hoc arbitration, as well as in international litigation.
Wissam particularly handles peripheral arbitration disputes before state courts, notably related to conservatory measures litigations as well as the recognition and enforcement in France of domestic or international arbitral awards.
Wissam holds a professional Master of Laws in Business Law and is an Alumni of a French Grande Ecole de Commerce. He also teaches civil law and arbitration law in several Universities and higher education schools both in France and in Cambodia, which allows him to have a cutting-edge expertise and to be particularly up to date with the latest legislative and case-law developments.
Having always been in a multicultural environment, Wissam is co-founder and president of the Association Franco-Marocaine des Avocats d'Affaires (AFMAA).
Wissam has practiced piano and karate since he was a child and joined the JKA (Japan Karate Association) in 2012. He also has a particular interest in Japanese language and cuisine as well as in American cinema of the second half of the 20th century.
- International Arbitration
- Business Litigation
Examples of cases handled
- Representation of an African Central Bank in an ICC commercial arbitration related to the enforcement of a deposit contract of raw materials
- Representation of a major US hotel group in the enforcement of arbitral awards obtained in England under ICC proceedings
- Representation of a Luxembourg holding company in CMAP arbitration proceedings relating to the application of non-competition clauses between partners
- Enforcement of a notarial deed in the business real estate sector
- Representation of the civil interests of a French retail executive against a paulian action by the French tax authorities
- Strategic support for restaurants’ managers in negotiations and litigation against insurers to cover their business losses resulting from the pandemic crisis of 2020-2021
- Pre-trial investigations in unfair competition cases
- Defense of former executive directors in civil liability actions
- Certificat d’aptitude à la profession d’avocat - École de formation du barreau de Paris (EFB)
- Professional Master of Laws in Business law
- Master degree in Management from Skema Business School
Publications and conferences
- 'Legal Coaching' : Tips on How to Improve Your Concentration and Organisational Skills, IPBA journal, Mental Health and Wellbeing in the Legal Profession (2023)
- I want to become a partner : insights on how to get there, International Bar Association (IBA) (2023)
- JEFTA : Libre-échange, et libre arbitre ? Journal du Management Juridique, numéro spécial « Droit International » (2023)
- Why and how to decide for arbitration proceedings? Tips and feedback, Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA) (2022)
- Avocats en lumière, épisode 08 (2021)
- Droit des contrats, Enrick B. Éditions (2017)
- Chronique d’un élève avocat – Comment j’ai réussi l’examen du CRFPA, Enrick B. Éditions (2015)