Jean de Hauteclocque
Member of the Paris Bar since 1979
Jean de Hauteclocque has been advising French and international companies as well as institutional and private investors for over 40 years in domestic and international arbitration proceedings.
He is also a recognised expert in Common Law and has been involved in several arbitrations in Asia. He assists his clients in their complex disputes, both in French and in English.
His experience covers, in particular, financial law, post-acquisition disputes, commercial contracts, construction, large retail and environmental law.
Jean has also been appointed as arbitrator (chairman or panel member) in a number of international cases.
Jean de Hauteclocque's commitment to his clients is based on the values of excellence, transparency and proximity.
- International Arbitration
- Business Litigation
Examples of cases handled
- Acting in arbitration proceedings for a large French retail company against another major retail company, for a claim related to a breach of share purchase agreement (value 400 million €)
- Acting in arbitration proceedings for a leading international electronics and systems group against a German construction company in relation to the alleged supply of defective equipment for the construction of the Athens airport (value 15 million €)
- Acting in arbitration proceedings for a US commodities supplier relating to the interpretation of a joint venture agreement concluded with a Malagasy company (value 25 million US Dollars)
- Acting for a large industrial Japanese company in ICC arbitration proceedings relating to the interpretation of a patent agreement (value 35 million €)
- Acting in two parallels ICC arbitration proceedings for a US company relating to the construction of LNG tankers (value 30 million US Dollars)
- Acting as an arbitrator, appointed by one of the largest French construction company in a dispute against a Spanish company relating to the construction of an hospital (value 80 million €)
- Acting for an African Central Bank in an ICC commercial arbitration proceedings relating to the enforcement of a deposit contract of raw materials
- 1977 : Maitrise de droit, University Panthéon-Sorbonne Paris 1
- 1978 : Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures en Droit Bancaire
- 1979 : CAPA. Admitted to the Paris Bar
- 1979 to 1983 : Associate, Bâtonnier Bernard du Granrut (Then head of the Paris Bar)
- 1984 to 1988 : Associate Freshfields
- 1988 to 1991 : Jean de Hauteclocque, correspondent of Freshfields
- 1991 to 2000 : Partner at Freshfields (Head of the litigation department in Paris)
- 2000 to 2003 : Partner at Lovells (Founder and Head of the litigation and arbitration department in Paris)
- 2003 to 2022 : Co-founder and Partner at Hauteclocque-Larroumet , then JdH Avocats, Boutique firm devoted to arbitration
- Since 2022 : Of Counsel of Komon law firm